Set Up the Micro ReviewAs the Analyst, you have been assigned to manage the review of a protocol. The task on your to To Do List reads IRB-XX-XXXXX (PI_NAME) Review PPHS Protocol Submission. Notice that this is not a MICRO or MACRO task. This is the task that exists before the MICRO and MACRO tasks are generated.
You will do this after the submission has passed pre-review.
- Click into the Review PPHS Protocol Submission task.
- The task displays, with the title Process Review: PPHS/Macro.
- In the Analyst Review box, from the Action drop-down menu, select Assign Offices.
(You are not using Reassign Analyst or Return to PI. These functions are used during the pre-review process, and this submission has passed pre-review).
- A message displays informing that Micro-reviews will be sent to the following offices:.
- Click the Submit button and then at the confirmation dialog box, click the OK button.
- After the system processes your request, the screen refreshes and displays a page labeled Process Review: PPHS/Micro.
- If you are going to add review comments to the submission, do that now.
- Wherever possible, use field-level comments.
- For any field, click the Add Comment box.
- Comment boxes are text only. They can be resized by dragging the lower right corner.
- For each Attachment, you can upload a marked-up version. Click the Upload Suggestion check box and then use the Upload link to upload the marked-up version of the document.
- Your field-level comments will be listed under the Comments tab.
- If needed, enter submission-wide comments into the General Comments field.
- If you have finished leaving your comments, or if you are not going to leave comments, from the Action drop-down menu select Setup Review.
- The Review Dashboard tab is brought to the front.
- Click the Add Review button.
- A row is added to the Review Dashboard. The row has a red X at the leftmost position. There is a check mark in the check box in the rightmost position.
- From Review Type, select the correct type of review for this submission.
- The window refreshes. Additional fields could be displayed based on your selection.
- From Review Process, select the correct type of process for this review.
- If you selected Member Review / Non-Committee Review, you do not need to select a Board.
- If you selected Meeting Review / Full Committee Review, you must also select a Board and a Meeting Date.